Friday, August 13, 2010

page 1 - Family Tree Poem


I have started this blog to share the family tree scrapbook with all our family. I have been working on our family tree for years now and in the past year came up with this idea to scrapbook it. A scrapbook tell more of a story than just the names and dates that can be quite monotonous with any family tree and everyone can blend together when working with a family as big as ours. When you see the faces and hear their stories they become real. I have fallen more in love with my family, the ones I know and the ones that have passed on before I was even born. I have so many questions for them. Some of the stories I have heard along the way are just too good to not share with the rest of the family. So I thought this was the best way to do just that. I created this blog to share what I have learned. You too can share your thoughts and stories. I am hoping that this will be as fulfilling for everyone else as it has been for me so far.

Feel free to leave comments or questions to share with others. If you know a story or tale about the person in the post please share it in the post about that person and mention their name. I use the women's maiden names where possible to avoid mix-ups. If you do not see yourself or your family posted you have not been forgotten. I do not have a photo of you, PLEASE email me one I really would appreciate it. I am looking for : *Wedding Photos, Wedding Invitations, Wedding Certificates *Group Family Pictures *Military Photos and information *Awards *Newspaper Articles *Certificates PLEASE DO NOT send me originals, send me a good copy.

No comments: